Pink and White Jasmine Plant


 One evening walking around my block, approaching by neighbour's house I saw this plant. As I walked closer, I began to smell an amazing sweet floral scent emanating from the flowers.  I feel in love with this plant immediately. The next day I went over to the Agro shop explaining the colour and scent, since I didn't know it's exact name. She told me some interesting facts about this plant, it was brought here to Trinidad, by the indian indentured labourers from India. It is a family of the white Jasmine plant (also smells lovely). The scent is only secreted at night when the flowers are open. The scientific name is Jasminum Polyanthum. The flowers are used to make perfumes, which I tried recently and it smelt just as lovely and I use it every day. If you're interested in making the floral perfume, let me know in the comments below.

Comments

  1. What are some perfumes with this floral smell?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great you asked, I'll do a post to fill you in.

      Delete
  2. Great read, enjoyed your post on floral perfume!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to cultivate Rosemary